Re: [eclipse.org-committers] RSVP Request: Eclipse Project Meetings in September

Committers,

The Eclipse Committer representatives would like to request a "Meet the Eclipse Committer Representatives" meeting.

This would be an opportunity to talk about all things good / bad / otherwise for the Eclipse committers.

Thanks
Darins

p.s. This meeting would need to be scheduled not to conflict with the Eclipse board meeting,

"Donald Smith" <donald.smith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: eclipse.org-committers-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/22/2007 09:48 AM

Please respond to
donald.smith@xxxxxxxxxxx

"'Eclipse Committers'" <eclipse.org-committers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[eclipse.org-committers] RSVP Request: Eclipse Project Meetings in        September

Committers,

The ECLIPSE Foundation is hosting a Members Meeting on March 19th and 20th in Chicago, IL.  We would like to extend an invitation to Eclipse Projects who would like to hold a “Project Meeting”, “Hackfest” or “Adopt-Fest” on either the 19th or 20th.  If you would like to hold a meeting, the Foundation can provide meeting space and help integrate it with the overall scope of the members meeting based on your needs.

**Please let us know ASAP if your project is interested, space is limited.
***If you would like space, you must respond (even if tentatively) by Friday, May 25th.

Here are some options to consider:

-        Option 1 – “Project Meeting”  - We can offer and projects
who are interested space to host a project meeting on March 19th or
20th for the entire day or half day.
-        Option 2 – “Hackfest” – Offer projects support for hosting a
“hackfest” for their project, whereby organizations could send
developers who are not committers [on the specific project] to meet
committers of a project with some “code in hand” on features they
would like to add to the project.  A good way for projects to pass on
knowledge to a community who may be interested in contributing but
too new, inexperienced or scared to do so.  We can help recruit interested
parties.
-        Option 3 – “Adopt-fest” – Offer projects support to host
an “Adoption Fest”.  For example, offering to help organizations who
are trying to extend or build upon a project.  We can help recruit
interested parties.

We would also invite any interested projects to have a table/demo
and/or poster during the meeting reception.

Cheers,

  - Don

--

eclipse_pos_logo_fc_xsm