[eclipse.org-committers] Eclipse.org is back to semi-normal

I apologize for all the e-mails. I thought it would be good to keep you informed.

We have just set up a high-capacity mirror site on a separate 100 Mbps Internet line to handle the massive download requests for 3.1. Within 5 minutes of enabling it, half of that bandwidth was consumed.

That being said, the eclipse.org website seems to be returning to normal. On the upside, for the last 24 hours BUGZILLA HAS BEEN REALLY FAST!!

Cheers to the Platform team and to everyone involved! It is truly an honor to run such a powerful IT infrastructure only to have it buckle because a project is too popular.

Denis

--

Eclipse WebMaster - webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx
Questions? Consult the FAQ at http://www.eclipse.org/webmaster/faq.html