Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Download stats reliability and SLA

On Tue, Mar 17, 2020 at 8:12 PM Denis Roy <denis.roy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The stats are reliable since I adressed the bug.

Great thanks.
And do you know how bots/builds may affect those stats? Are there some kind of filters in place?

The problem is injection points -- we rely on the Find a Mirror script, and p2.statsURI for injecting a stats entry. If a project links to a mirror directly, or download.eclipse.org directly, or worse -- if a user follows a direct link, then no stats are generated for those downloads.

For Eclipse Platform/p2 artifacts, it seems OK as we have the download.stats relatively well defined and easy to define. The cases of direct links are, I imagine, negligible if the goal is to get an approximation of the number of users.

Back to the top