[eclipse.org-architecture-council] Is jar signing mandatory?

Hi all,

I looked at EDP and couldn't find a reference to Jar signing.
So do I get it right that there is no requirement for artifacts to be signed for a release? More particularly, for a 1st release of an incubating project that just joined Eclipse.org, is signing a real requirement or can it be added into a further release?

Thanks in advance.

--
Mickael Istria