Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] [EXTERNAL] Future of the Automated Error Reporter Infrastructure (AERI)

For the projects I'm working on, I have the impression AERI didn't report many issues that weren't already covered by existing reports on Bugzilla. So to me, it's not a necessary tool to grow the quality; just triaging the bugtracker and fixing bugs that are already there does a decent work and is as fast to proceed.
The only exclusive feature of AERI I missed is that issues were sorted by numbers of "victims", that helps prioritization a bit, but I'm not sure it's worth the maintenance cost.
I suggest we first close all the existing bugs and react efficiently to incoming Bugzilla reports, and when we're done and the Bugzilla backlog is empty (aka "never"), we can re-enable AERI to re-fill our plate.

Back to the top