Re: [eclipse.org-architecture-council] Ability to assign git issues to non-committers

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 12:11 PM MikaÃl Barbero <mikael.barbero@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So, it should be possible to create "Eclipse Foundation members" teams

"Foundation Members" is already used for another meaning in the Bylaws, and I think it excludes non committers, which are actually the ones we want to include. I think we should talk about "Eclipse contributors" or "Eclipse community".
Each individual with an Eclipse account associated to a github ID will receive an invite for each orgs the Foundation is managing.

Not cool...

I don't think it's reasonable to do that, especially in the GDPR context.

Does this case specifically constitute a GDPR violation to automatically add people to a GitHub team/org? Just trying to separate both issues if it can be. So if GPDR is not really an issue, we only need to resolve the spamming one.
IMO, the safe way is for account.eclipse.orgÂto provide a mean to join these teams easily.

Would this be as valuable then? Would it be valuable enough to make this development?
I think if it requires an additional opt-in, the adoption rate and value would become too low to be profitable as a tentative solution to the initial problem of assigning issues.