[eclipse.org-architecture-council] StAC Meeting At Eclipse World

Strategic Advisory Council (StAC [1]) Members,

I would like to propose we have our first StAC meeting on Tuesday, October 28th, 2008 from 1pm-5pm at the Hyatt in Reston, VA.  This meeting coincides with Eclipse World, and is the day after the Planning Council Meeting.

StAC Meeting Agenda

-          Prepare a Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threat (SWOT) analysis of the Eclipse “Release Train”.  The SWOT analysis will be built and refined and will be a main topic with a Plenary with the Board in December.  The results will stand as a primer for the ecosystem to better understand how they could be leveraging the release trains, and to highlight things we could be doing better.

-          Discuss the main Themes for Galileo

To put this into perspective of the week:

Monday October 27th

-          Planning Council Meeting (8am-5pm)

-          Members Meeting (1-5:30)   (Would be great to have Requirements and Architecture Council participate)

-          Reception (6-7pm)

Tuesday October 28th

-          Eclipse World Tutorials (all day)

-          Marketing Symposium (8:30am – Noon) – There will be some great content relevant to the councils and a good primer for the StAC meeting.  In particular, Ian will be presenting some stats from the Usage Data Collector launched with Ganymede [2].

-          StAC Meeting 1-5:30pm.

Wednesday and Thursday

-          Eclipse World

If you plan to attend the StAC meeting, please reply to me directly ASAP (no need to spam the lists).

Also, if you plan to attend the Members Meeting and/or Marketing Symposium, please RSVP to eclipse.members@xxxxxxxxxxx.

[1] – The StAC is a group comprised of the three Eclipse Councils with the goal to consolidate and synthesize various inputs from the Ecosystem to produce advice that the entire ecosystem can use for product and strategic planning.

[2] - http://www.eclipse.org/org/foundation/membersminutes/20081028MarketingSymposium/MeetingMinutesSep21.php

Donald Smith

Director of Ecosystem Development

Eclipse Foundation, Inc.