Re: [eclipse-scripting-dev] Package names, refactoring

Beyond the first three segments it is really up to the individual project. For the first three segments it should be org.eclipse.ease.* for both package and plugin names. There is some other general advice on naming on the following wiki page, although it was directed at the platform project so it might not all be applicable for you:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Naming_Conventions

John

From:        <Christian.Pontesegger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        <eclipse-scripting-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:        11/05/2013 02:15 AM
Subject:        Re: [eclipse-scripting-dev] Package names, refactoring
Sent by:        eclipse-scripting-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Paul,

I was just wondering how strict the regulations for namespaces are. For sure you want a common hierarchy for a dedicated project. As we have “project name”, “package name” and “plugin name” I was wondering how tightly these things need to be coupled. So I guess we will use the approach with org.eclipse.ease.<extension>.

Thanks for clarification
eclipse-scripting-dev mailing list
eclipse-scripting-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx