[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[eclipse-scripting-dev] [EScriptMonkey] Code style, libraries
- From: <Christian.Pontesegger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 08:16:53 +0000
- Accept-language: de-DE, en-US
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Thread-index: Ac6t/hrh0ObAgPlXS5CsIsX8b/1zHg==
- Thread-topic: [EScriptMonkey] Code style, libraries
we should rather sooner than later define what requirements we have on our code. This includes topics like
* code formatting
* use of "this" qualifiers
* member prefixes
* external library dependencies
As for the whole formatting stuff this is always a religious discussion. IMO we should stick to whatever is the default for other eclipse projects. Is there a list of settings available somewhere on eclipse.org?
In the end I do not care much which format to take as long as it is consistent throughout the project.
What about external libraries. I see that we currently have a dependency to com.google.guava. If it is common within other eclipse projects, I am fine with that. Otherwise we should try to keep external library dependencies short. I would rather stick to stuff available in the Kepler p2 repository and add only what is absolutely necessary (jython for example).