RE: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] CSS and declarative UI round up

What I expect we'll find out is that by starting from cleaner, more flexible internals, re-implementing a compatibility layer that mimics the current er... warts will not be too painful.

Of course, I'm not expecting magic here: You won't get the ability to transparently run old code in places it wouldn't run before, and if you're using internal classes/methods that get removed then you're going to be out of luck, but I do actually believe that we must have good backwards compatibility to succeed.

Mike's right though, we can't apply the straightjacket immediately. Let's make sure we have the right implementation first.

McQ.

Inactive hide details for "Mike Milinkovich" ---06/24/2008 03:15:40 PM---That sounds hard to do, but if the community can reall"Mike Milinkovich" ---06/24/2008 03:15:40 PM---That sounds hard to do, but if the community can really pull it off, that would be darn cool.

"Mike Milinkovich" <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'E4 developer list'" <eclipse-incubator-e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

06/24/08 03:15 PM

RE: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] CSS and declarative UI round up

That sounds hard to do, but if the community can really pull it off, that would be darn cool.

At any rate McQ relayed his confidence that we can do the cool stuff and keep backwards compatability. It's obviously more work but necessary and doable._______________________________________________
eclipse-incubator-e4-dev mailing list
eclipse-incubator-e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx