Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] CSS DOM Binding

Jochen,

The last open source project I made was under LGPL. I don't have any
concern to place this one under EPL (but I never spent time to
investigate about their differences :-( )

About GEF :

I plan to use GEF on both sides, at the moment, I am just able to create
a viewer in a composite given this composite and an EMF model. (like an
outliner of the emf editor)
EMF model is displayed in the viewer using EditParts, there is 2
different POCs, one based on 'pure' draw2d figures and one based on SWT
controls.
I postponed the 'pure' draw2d engine because I need to redraw most of
the widgets from scratch. I will keep it and use it for example for
graphs (Zest) or more complex and graphical elements.

At the moment, are implemented :

* RowLayout,
* FillLayout
* RowData
* Composite
* Button
* Text

No more, I don't need more for my tests -;)

The user is able to :

Adding/Removing/Modifying/Reparenting  any element of the model
(Control, Layout, LayoutData...). using EMF editor or directly in the
EMF model using API.
Changes are directly refreshed to the displayed viewer.

Change states of displayed widgets like selecting button, filling
text... (and the changes are reflected into the the model, including
Adapter notification if existing)

I currently work on :

Using EMF Databing (by describing binding context using EMF, second model..)
Creating editPolicies allowing to edit (like in a visual editor) the
viewer.
In theory, it should be possible to change editpolicies at runtime, then
visualy editing a running viewer (toggle from runtime to Visual
Edition)... but I did not start to work on it, then I am not sure at all !!!

Olivier

Jochen Krause a écrit :
Olivier, that sounds great. Please add it to the wiki. Just fyi - your project needs to license the code under the EPL to be able to contribute to e4.

And one more question: Are you using GEF for the tooling or for the runtime side?

Jochen