Re: [eclipse-incubator-e4-dev] CSS DOM Binding

Yves,

3 years ago, I wrote a engine displaying SWT control based on declarative XUL http://www.wazaabi.org. Using this, when the user changed the DOM the display changes were reflected and interacting with display had impact on DOM (both sides).

This time I prefer to use EMF instead XML for several reasons including proxies, API and model 2 model tools, eclipse integration.

The model I wrote is like an EMF rewrite of the SWT API (and forms, nebula, miglayout ...) I choose this way to be able to extend the model as fast as possible (of course, when the engine will be stable ;-) )

Of course, I would like to be compatible with XUL and XAML, for me there is 2 different level of compatibility :

1°) persistance compatibility, which is not so hard to obtain (by hand or using m2m tools) 2°) running compatibility, I did not work on that, my be using thing like EMF2DOM adapter ????

I am afraid that only running compatibility will be usefull for users since many XUL or XAML event handlers are using DOM or XPATH methods ....

Olivier

yves.yang@xxxxxxxxxxx a écrit :
I have put my comments on the "Declarative UI" wiki page. I have dealed
with two subjects:
   - CSS solutions
   - Markup languages

Olivier, have you looked at the existing solutions before starting new
one, such as XUL, JSF, XSWT and XAML?

Cheers
yves
Olivier, that sounds great. Please add it to the wiki. Just fyi - your
project needs to license the code under the EPL to be able to contribute
to e4.

And one more question: Are you using GEF for the tooling or for the
runtime side?

Jochen