Re: [eclipse-ide-wg] Eclipse IDE Working Group Minutes - 5th April 2022

Hi Andrey,

------ Original Message ------
From: "Andrey Loskutov" <loskutov@xxxxxx>
To: tmader@xxxxxxxxxx; eclipse-ide-wg@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 20/04/2022 17:18:28
Subject: Re: Re: [eclipse-ide-wg] Eclipse IDE Working Group Minutes - 5th April 2022

And yes, IMHO Eclipse on desktop *is* legacy and on the downward trend, like COBOL, but COBOL is still used and useful.
The topic was "getting more community engagement".  I doubt labeling the Eclipse IDE "legacy" will do that ;-)

PS: if you know something is not OK, and you know how it could be improved - like point 3 with onboarding - feel free to contribute & improve. No one else will do that for you.
We should be careful in general to not make the person bringing up a problem responsible for said problem: folks will not solve more problems, they will just stop bringing them up :shrug:

/Thomas

Back to the top