[eclipse-dev] Contributing to an Eclipse project with the Eclipse Installer

Hi,

This was originally a reply to the "Is there an official guide about "How To Contribute to Eclipse"?" thread.

Ed Merks made an Eclipse Installer configuration setup for WindowBuilder. With this,  I made a video over the weekend for people that want to contribute to the WindowBuilder project.

It comes down to installing the Eclipse Installer and then clicking a web link.

It automates the most challenging part of contributing to Eclipse, which is the setup of a development environment.

The versatility of the Eclipse installer is a unique proposition that our community has. However, I did not fully appreciate its power until I really started to use it this weekend.

Let's embrace it a lot more than we are doing today.

Cheers,

Wim

Back to the top