Re: [eclipse-dev] BigSur fixes for M3

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 10:24 AM Becker, Matthias <ma.becker@xxxxxxx> wrote:

But maybe we could simple cherry-pick these fixes to the 4.17 maintenance branch. So it would make it lesser effort for others to build a patched 4.17 on themselves.

That's probably a good compromise. However, IIRC the PMC has to approve such cherry-picking to maintenance.
Before we start spending time on it, does anyone here really plan to rebuild 4.17 with those patches for their product? I don't think we should cherry-pick "just in case someone wants it", we need to first have a case to drive that effort and make it profitable-ish enough to distract contributors from ongoing development towards master.
So I suggest anyone who has a real need for it to get in touch with the PMC about it, and maybe even to prepare a series of Gerrit cherry-picked patches targeting the maintenance branch. Otherwise, it's probably better to just not care and keep working on a better 4.18 release.

Back to the top