[eclipse-dev] New RCP book

Hi all,

I'm currently writing an Eclipse RCP book with Eclipse Luna / v4.4. It is nearly finished.

Currently all screenshots in my book are based on Eclipse Luna M3. Because I expect changes from M3 to the final Luna release and to avoid that screenshots in my book are outdated, I would like to wait for a user interface freeze of Eclipse Luna. After this release I will replace all outdated screenshots with the newest versions.

Therefore I studied your project plan to find out when an UI freeze is planned (http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?planurl=eclipse/development/plans/eclipse_project_plan_4_4.xml):

But unfortunately I cannot find any information about an UI freeze which is very important for book authors, because they want to publish a book as early as possible. I only can find that Milestone 6 is called "API Freeze" and milestone 7 is titled "Feature Freeze" ...

Can you tell me when the Luna UI is stable or an UI freeze is planned? Does "Feature Freeze" include an UI freeze?

BTW: I would like to port a RCP application to a Sony PS4 (BSD Unix derivate). Are there any projects to port SWT to the PS4?

Best regards,
Bernhard

--
Bernhard Steppan