Re: [eclipse-dev] Galileo plan update and Galileo freeze plan available

The idea is we produce a build on Thursday evening which is contributed as our Galileo +0 build the next day. This leaves a small window for a rebuild if required on Friday. So the pattern for RC2 and RC3 is two days testing (Mon,Tue), two days fixing (Wed,Thur), and one extra day on Friday for rebuilds or to start work on the next RC. For RC4 we drop to one day of testing (and three days writing doc ;). While it's not written on the plan, I suspect we'll be doing the same as previous years and replacing N-builds with daily I-builds, so there will be plenty of opportunities to release and test fixes. Overall this is the same schedule as last year.

I believe the Galileo schedule doesn't leave any room for reacting to problems in previous Galileo RC for our next one. For example the Galileo RC1 GA date is May 25, but our RC2 is required by May 22nd. Unlike previous years, each RC cycle now fits into 6 days (+0 Fri, +1 Mon, +2 Tue, +3 Wed, EPP Thu, GA Fri). So there may be time to react to problems found by +1 or +2 projects, but if there is a problem in EPP packages we won't be able to address it until the next week's RC.

Suggestions on a different schedule are welcome - we can add it as a discussion topic for next week's arch meeting.

Pascal Rapicault/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/09/2009 09:12 AM

Please respond to
"General development mailing list of the Eclipse project."        <eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, eclipse-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [eclipse-dev] Galileo plan update and Galileo freeze plan        available

I'm looking at the Galileo freeze plan [1] and notice that:
- The RC build are on a Thursday. Do we expect to have the build ready on the Thursday or Friday?
- The test pass start on Monday's and for 2 days
If we expect build availability on Thursday, that mean we have one day to fix bugs found in the RCs and also react to the problems found by train wagons that are at +X which would run on RC -1.

Inactive hide details for John Arthorne---04/09/2009 08:49:32 AM---The Eclipse project Galileo plan has been updated [1]. The oJohn Arthorne---04/09/2009 08:49:32 AM---The Eclipse project Galileo plan has been updated [1]. The only two changes in this revision are:

John Arthorne/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

eclipse-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/09/2009 08:49 AM

[eclipse-dev] Galileo plan update and Galileo freeze plan available

The Eclipse project Galileo plan has been updated [1]. The only two changes in this revision are:

- Release candidate dates have been removed from the project plan. These dates didn't correctly align with the Galileo release train dates. An accurate schedule of release candidate builds can now be found in the Galileo freeze plan [1]

- Plan items in the "future" theme have been moved to the e4 0.9 plan [3]

Plan item status and execution environment information has not been changed in this revision. This data will be revised towards the end of M7.

John

[1] -
http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=eclipse
[2] -