[eclipse-dev] Eclipse 3.4 shape

Since 3.4 M6, the eclipse SDK can be obtained using a p2-based installer (
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/S-3.4
M6a-200804091425/eclipse-news-M6.html).

We need to decide if this is a delivery format that we want to promote for
3.4 by making it more prominently available from our download page, but we
also need to understand the consequences of such a choice on the greater
Eclipse community. The two questions that come to mind are:
      - Is the installer something that would be put on the Eclipse main
download page (http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/) in addition of the zip?
      - If we answer yes to the previous question, does it mean that an
installer has to be provided for the other EPP packages, do we have time
for it or can we leave with an inconsistency there?

Thx for your feedback,

PaScaL

Back to the top