[eclipse-dev] Best practices for provisional APIs

Hi,

Should we adopt a consistent way to indicate provisional APIs across the SDK?
More specifically I'm wondering what are the rules for
- the package name. should the API be in the package where it would belong if it was real API, or should it be in an internal package?
- the javadoc markup. should the javadoc say: experimental, provisional, something else?

Aside from those questions, I propose to add to the javadoc an explicit request for feedback from the users and explaining where this feedback should be given (a mailing-list, a bug report, ...)

PaScaL

Back to the top