[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ecf-dev] ECF 3.12.1 released with Remote Management
- From: Scott Lewis <slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 17:49:58 -0800
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/38.5.1
ECF 3.12.1 is released .
This is a maintenance release, but at ECF's github location there is
also new work on Remote Management . These are granular set of
OSGi (remote) services for monitoring and controlling of a OSGi
container. For example, there is a 'ServiceManager' API that allows
remote access to the OSGi services running on a target framework. There
are also: FrameworkManager, WiringManager, BundleManager,
ApplicationManager, SCR Manager, RemoteServiceAdminManager, etc.
The remote management host doesn't have to be Eclipse...rather it can be
Karaf, Equinox, Concierge, or any other R5+ framework that run on Java
8. There is also now an Eclipse plugin with a small UI, to export the
ServiceManager and RemoteServiceAdminManager at a given host/port endpoint.
See [1a] for info and screenshots and links to a recent build. I will
create a tutorial as soon as possible. Feel free to ask any questions
a) New and Noteworthy:
b) Build qualifier: v20160114-0324
c) Git tag: R-Release_HEAD-sdk_feature-185_185