ECF 3.14.20 Now Available (4/3/2021)
ECF 3.14.20 requires Eclipse 2018-06 or newer, or Apache Karaf 4.2+ with Java 8+. See here to get
appropriate version of Eclipse and here for the appropriate version of Karaf.
See New and Noteworthy for details of the contents of this release.
See ECF Wiki and/or the ecf dev at eclipse.org mailing list for further information about plans and ongoing project activities.
Install via Apache Karaf
Install via p2 repository
For a detailed step-by-step description of how to install OSGi Remote Services into Eclipse see Installing Into Eclipse. For a step-by-step description of how to add OSGi Remote Services into your Target Platform see Add to Target Platform.
- In Eclipse, choose Help -> Install New Software...
- Click on the Add button on the right.
- Type in a Name in the textbox. For example: ECF 3.14.20.
- Paste the following URL into the Location field.
- Click OK.
- Select the first two check boxes for install into Eclipse..i.e. ECF Remote Services/Remote Service Admin SDK and the ECF SDK for Eclipse. To explain: The ECF repository has four top-level items for install:
- ECF Core Features
- ECF Core Source Features
- ECF Remote Services SDK
- ECF SDK for Eclipse
- Other ECF Features
Install via Maven
Installing with Bndtools
ECF provides a bndtools workspace template, along with a number of project and bndrun templates. See Bndtools support for Remote Services Development for instructions.
Install via Zip
The ECF SDK zip contains all ECF plugins from the Eclipse Foundation, as well as source code.
The zip is a p2 update site. When you unzip it, you will have a local p2 update site and can
then add an update site using the 'local'
File Build Date org.eclipse.ecf.sdk_3.14.20.v20210328-0449.zip 21MB 4/3/2020
ECF Snapshot Builds
- Snapshot are the latest untested or lightly tested builds.
ECF snapshot builds are available http://download.eclipse.org/rt/ecf/snapshot
ECF Source Code
For access to Eclipse Foundation ECF source code, see our Eclipse Foundation git repostiory
For access to ECF Extras source code, see our github repository
The ECF JIPP Instance can be accessed to see the state of the build
ECF Github Repositories
ECF has a Github organization with repositories for Bndtools support, discovery and distribution providers v,
- Bndtools 5+ workspace template with repos, project, and bndrun templates
- Etcd-based Discovery Provider
- Google gRPC-based Distribution Provider
- Hazelcast Discovery and Distribution Providers
- Jax-RS Distribution Providers (Based upon Jersey or Apache CXF)
- JavaGroups-based Distribution Provider
- JMS/ActiveMQ Distribution Provier
- MQTT Distribution Provider (based upon Eclipse Paho MQTT)
- TCP Socket Distribution Provider
- XML-RPC Distribution Provider
- Extension to the r-OSGi provider to use Websockets for transport
- A Java-only (no Bundle layer) Service Registry...optionally with ECF Remote Services/RSA
- Raspberry Pi projects, and an example client OSGi Remote Service built on the public Geonames REST/JSON API at geonames.org .
ECF Build Types
See the ECF Jenkins Builder for the available ECF build jobs.