[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [ecf-dev] Problem regarding hello.ds examples.
- From: Jeff Hamm <Jeff.Hamm@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 13:49:30 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Thread-index: AQHLTrat0ita/zewfkmegjfmR1HP+5MG0PFQgABKkID//71ZIIABk9UAgAE4scCAAEs0AP//vVzw
- Thread-topic: [ecf-dev] Problem regarding hello.ds examples.
Hi Markus --
Yes, there are use cases where we would need to run both on the same machine. Does this narrow the choice?
From: ecf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ecf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Markus Alexander Kuppe
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 9:47 AM
Subject: Re: [ecf-dev] Problem regarding hello.ds examples.
On 09/09/2010 03:25 PM, Jeff Hamm wrote:
> Is there a specific plugin (or plugins) (ecf) that I need to make sure is started in order for the broadcast of the service to happen?
You have to choose an ECF discovery provider that fits your need and deploy it on the client as well as the server. Currently ECF comes with support for Zookeeper, mDNS/Zeroconf/Bonjour, SLP and DNS-SD. For starters you are probably best off with either SLP or mDNS. Btw. do you intent to run host and consumer on the same machine?
ecf-dev mailing list