[ecf-dev] ECF 3.1 release (imminent)

Hi Folks,

My slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx email address is now obsolete...please use slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx going forward.

As a result of this email changeover, my mailing list subscriptions with the Eclipse Foundation have been messed up over the last couple of days, and I haven't been able to post to this or any other eclipse.org mailing list...so it's quite possible I have missed some direct correspondence from ECF community members...my apologies for that. If you sent me something recently and haven't heard back, please just resend to slewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Moving (quickly) forward

ECF passed our 3.1 release review (see below), and we are free to release ECF 3.1. I would like to do this as soon as is possible, and I think it's probably possible (for me and others) by Monday, October 12. The things remaining to do are:

1) Complete build system additions to build off new branch (Release_3_1). Note I made the Release_3_1 branch last night (Wed), and if you are committing additions or changes be aware that this branch exists (e.g. if you have a bug fix that should go into Release_3_1, it has to be applied to both HEAD and the Release_3_1 branch).

2) Create/finish a New and Noteworthy for the 3.1 release. Part of this is done via the release review slides...which are available here for your reference [1]. If those of you involved with the various major new (and noteworthy!) parts of ECF (REST API, Distributed EventAdmin, File-based discovery (Siemens) would be able/willing to provide me with an html blurb a few lines long describing these things I will construct the N&N from that. Please send it to me as soon as possible. 3) ECF's Helios automated plan is online here [2]. I would like to add to and update the plan over the next week (i.e. include input from Philipp and others about additional things, as well as edit, add plan bugs for more specifics, etc). If people would like to discuss these (or other) plan items, please do so soon on this mailing list. I'm very happy to change/add/delete what's there, but it mostly depends upon input from the other committers, contributors, and community members.

4) We haven't had an ECF conference call in the past few weeks...my apologies for that. I will arrange for and conduct an ECF conference call next Thursday (Oct 15) at the previously used time (15:30 UTC I believe). See [3].

There are some great and exciting things happening with both EclipseRT and ECF these days...as you can plainly tell from ECF 3.1...so full steam ahead!

Thanks,

Scott

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/reviews/ECF_Project_3.1_Review.pdf and http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/reviews/ECF_Project_3.1_Review.ppt
[2] http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=rt.ecf
[3] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_Communication_Framework_Project#Next_Conference_Call:__Thursday.2C_Oct_15.2C_2009_1530_UTC

Hi Scott,

We checked your Communication Channel this morning, and there was no request to hold your review on a conference call tomorrow. Therefore, there will be no Review Call, and the EMO has declared your review to be successful based on your review docuware and on community feedback.

Congratulations on your successful Release Review! Please post on your Communication Channel that your review was successful. Then you may release ECF version 3.1.

Thanks. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Anne Jacko
emo@xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top