Re: [ecf-dev] Re: [riena-dev] Riena Update

Hi Christian,

Christian Campo wrote:
Hi Jan,

thanks. So that would mean you have a connected socket between the various spaces all the time. So the point from the discussion with Scott that I think that this make R-OSGi a connectionoriented provider and not a connectionless provider. I am not saying this is good or bad here.

Like with Webservices (say SOAP or any other protocol) over HTTP its possible to reuse a connected socket but typically you disconnect after each call and connect for the next one.

Is that the correct assumption Jan ?

So that makes me still wonder if there is an ECF provider currently available that is connectionless ?

By this definition of connectionless, not currently. So perhaps Riena can/will/should be the first?

Scott

Back to the top