Re: [ecf-dev] ECF freeze and 2.0 endgame/branching
I had planned to create the 2_0_0 branch today (Tues, May 27), but I
didn't anticipate taking so long doing some other things (generating the
review slides, doing an interview for ECF's 2.0.0 release etc).
So, Ted K and I will do this *tomorrow...Wed, May 27, 2008*. In the
mean time, of course, please only commit to HEAD bug fixes as per this
list of open ECF bugs targeted for 2.0.0:
Scott Lewis wrote:
Note that we are on both a feature freeze and an API freeze for ECF
except bug fixes, and documentation. All committers: please consult
the existing bugs list and
At yesterday's ECF conf call:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/ECF_Conference_Call_5.22.2008 we discussed
moving the existing HEAD onto a new 2_0 branch, so that work on 2.1
could begin (on HEAD).
After discussing the timing of this a little bit, we concluded that we
would create a 2_0 branch next week (Tuesday, 5/27), have all further
development/testing/bug fixing on the 2_0 branch, and open up HEAD for
This also means that we need to modify our existing build so that
daily builds and the release builds are done off of the new branch
(2_0) rather than HEAD. I haven't had a chance to consult with Ted
about the timing of this (i.e. whether he has time on/before Tuesday
to deal with these changes), so we may have to delay beyond Tues 5/27
if Ted is unable to work on the necessary changes.
Please respond if you have any questions/comments about this. I
(Scott) won't be online for a couple of days (Sat-Mon am), so won't be
responding immediately (spending some happy time away from computers
and near family and nature).
ecf-dev mailing list