[ecf-dev] VoIP via Jingle

Hello Folks

My name is Moritz Post, and i am a master student at the FH-Trier, Germany (http://fh-trier.de). In an attempt to apply for the google summer of code, i thought it would be a great idea to add VoIP capabilities to the ECF via jingle. As i have just discovered, the topic has already been brought up by "Maarten Th. Mulders", who than decided, that he wouldn't be able the take the time of ( http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/ecf-dev/msg00649.html ). Therefore i would be happy to take over on that part. Before i submit my application to the google website, i just wanted to get in touch with you folks, to see what the current situation in this field is.

My question is, in what extend the integration should take place? Scott Lewis spoke of implementing the ECF call api via Smack Jingle or to create a stand-alone RCP application which utilizes the jingle protocol. After doing some quick research, i didn't find any suitable java jingle implementation besides Jingle Java, which emerged from a gsoc 2006 project. Should a jingle implementation be created in the scope of a gsoc project or is there some other code the application should be build upon?

I would be happy to be part of this undertaking as both the jingle protocol (as being close to a standard) and the ECF itself is mighty cool.

Some more information about myself... I am a master student at the FH-Trier doing computer science in my master studies. I am in my last semester and have just spoken with one of my professors, weather he would want to supervise my final project, which could in fact be the gsoc-ecf-voip project. I am somewhat experienced with eclipse (rcp) development, as i have done several of my university projects based on the eclipse platform. A few examples can be found on my website. http://moritzpost.de.

So much for now. Regards

Moritz Post

Back to the top