Re: [e4-dev] Sandbox for Eclipse proposal as E4 sub-project

Thanks for those answers Carsten.
I see some of the work you're willing to do as very interesting for the Platform as a whole. I think it makes sense to write some new experimental code that's necessary in e4, but if we consider for example the spell-checker, I wouldn't advise working on it as a new project in e4 as it would derive too much from initial JDT / Platform-Text and risks of never be merged back to those projects. If you can try to improve stuff in Platform without using intermediary code in e4, I believe the chances of success are higher.

Cheers,

Back to the top