Re: [e4-dev] Can ESelectionService propagate selection to 3.x legacy views?

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Fredrik Attebrant <fredrik.attebrant@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Basically this will guide our strategy for migrating from 3.x to 4.x, where
> some parts are "stuck" on the compatibility layer (such as GEF editors).

If your 3.x code,while stuck, is able to reference 4.x stuff, then you should use the ESelectionService and attach ISelectionListeners to that. That should allow your 3.x parts to get notified of selection changes in the 4.x parts.

Regards,
Remy

Remy Suen
Eclipse Platform/UI Committer