Re: [e4-dev] Adding new View by update

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 2:00 AM, Thomas Kratz <eiswind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> no I don't have such options (no such menu) in my app. Users cannot change
> the perspective. I just want to bring up the new view after the p2 update in
> the otherwise static perspective.

Hi Thomas, I don't believe this is working in 3.x or 4.x.

If you want to programmatically reset the perspective, then you can try to use the IHandlerService and execute the IWorkbenchCommandConstants.WINDOW_RESET_PERSPECTIVE command. However, this will prompt the user with a dialog. Try just calling resetPerspective() in IWorkbenchPage if you simply want to reset the perspective without prompting the user.

Regards,
Remy

Remy Suen
Eclipse Platform/UI Committer