Re: [e4-dev] Re: Some comments on XWT

Angelo,

Angelo zerr wrote:

    This could be EMF + Javascript, which I am contributing at this
    moment. If the UI is also EMF (model of UI) + Javascript, we're
    almost there.

That's cool. Do you use JFace Databinding to manage binding in your EMF Model UI? If so perhaps you could interested by my work with RHino JFace Databinding implementation?

In a different project, I using JFace databinding as glue between an EMF model of business objects (+ JavaScript for implementing operations) and SWT UI. It works, but as mentioned in discussions on this list, I prefer a modelled UI.

Hence, in the context of e4, the idea is to replace the SWT UI with a toolkit independent UI representation (UFaceKit or some other UI model) + SWT renderer (or renderer for other toolkits). If the UI model is EMF-based, the databinding will be EMF to EMF (business object to UI object), which makes it a lot cleaner and simpler.

Where does styling fit in here? I believe it may have a role in both the databinding (between business object model and UI model) and in the rendering of the UI (mapping between UI model and toolkit).

Hallvard

Back to the top