Re: [dtp-pmc] Initial Enablement Project Contributions

Rob,

This is excellent! Thank you for doing this, I was worrying about my travel plan might delay my commitment to deliver. The naming looks good to me.

Thanks,

Der-Ping Chou
Information Management Tooling
Development Manager - Data Tools
Seattle IBM Office
tel : 1-206-587-5946 (T/L: 277-5946)

rcernich@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: dtp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/11/2006 01:14 PM

Please respond to
DTP PMC mailing list <dtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, dtp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[dtp-pmc] Initial Enablement Project Contributions

Hey all,

I'm getting ready to make the initial contributions to the enablement
project.  This is basically moving the vendor specific plugins currently
residing within connectivity to the enablement project.  In addition, I've
created skeleton projects for some of the vendor specific DBs.  Currently,
these skeletons only contain driver definition extensions (most of which
are/were defined within ...connectivity.db.generic).

Here's a list of the new/migrated plugins:
org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.ibm.db2.iseries.dbdefinition
org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.ibm.db2.luw.dbdefinition
org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.ibm.db2.luw.profile
org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.ibm.db2.zseries.dbdefinition
org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.ibm.informix.dbdefinition
org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.msft.sqlserver.dbdefinition
org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.mysql.dbdefinition
org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.mysql.profile
org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.oracle.dbdefinition
org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.oracle.profile
org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.sybase.ase.dbdefinition
org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.sybase.ase.profile

All the plugins ending with "dbdefinition" contain the dbdefinition models
as defined within the connectivity project or the connectivity project's
"attic.".  All the plugins ending with "profile" are the skeletons
containing driver definitions.  With the exception of the MySQL plugin,
which is new, these driver definitions were previously defined with
...connectivity.db.generic.

These changes will result in the deprecation of the following plugins:
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.dbdefinition.db2.luw
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.dbdefinition.informix
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.dbdefinition.oracle
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.dbdefinition.sqlserver
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.dbdefinition.sybase

Please let me know if these names are acceptable and I will commit the
changes.

Thanks,
Rob