[dtp-dev] JUnit tests and coverage assessment for org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity

Hi Joe,

Thank you for you interest and willingness to help DTP -- a project can
never have too many unit tests!  :-)

I'd ask that the committers involved in these components look at the bug
mentioned below and provide commentary in it.

Regards,
John Graham
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.
http://dataplat.blogspot.com/

             "Joe Ponczak"
             <joe.ponczak@codi
             gn.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             dtp-dev-bounces@e                                          cc
             clipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [dtp-dev] JUnit tests and coverage
             11/14/2006 08:12          assessment for
             PM                        org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity

             Please respond to
              DTP development
               mailing list
             <dtp-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hello,
I would like to introduce myself and my company.  We are a startup software
company that recently created an Eclipse plug-in called CoView.  CoView
helps create JUnit tests and measure both path and branch coverage.

We created our own plug-in runner to allow us to create JUnit plug-in tests
and measure coverage.  We used DTP code in one of our trials and wanted to
share the unit tests and coverage results with the community.

In about 6 hours, we created 40 JUnit plug-in tests that increased path
coverage for org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity by 45% and branch coverage
by 21%. Each JUnit test executes one independent path through a method.

The tests were contributed via Eclipse Bugzilla (see enhancement 164510). A
detailed report is included with this email.

Many Thanks,
Joe Ponczak

-------------------------------
Joe Ponczak
Codign Software
516 N. Charles St.
Ste. 405
Baltimore, MD 21201

p: 410.244.8660
c: 410.908.5201

joe.ponczak@xxxxxxxxxx
www.codign.com
 [attachment "Coverage Assessment for Project DTP published.pdf" deleted by
dtp-dev mailing list
dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx