[dtp-dev] JUnit tests and coverage assessment for org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity

Hello,

I would like to introduce myself and my company.  We are a startup software company that recently created an Eclipse plug-in called CoView.  CoView helps create JUnit tests and measure both path and branch coverage.

We created our own plug-in runner to allow us to create JUnit plug-in tests and measure coverage.  We used DTP code in one of our trials and wanted to share the unit tests and coverage results with the community.

In about 6 hours, we created 40 JUnit plug-in tests that increased path coverage for org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity by 45% and branch coverage by 21%. Each JUnit test executes one independent path through a method.

The tests were contributed via Eclipse Bugzilla (see enhancement 164510). A detailed report is included with this email.

Many Thanks,

Joe Ponczak

Joe Ponczak

Codign Software