Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] netconsole

From a brief look at the docs, it looks like netconsole should work like this:
  1.) Setup some host on which you run netcat (nc) to accept netconsole from your target, and present it like a telnet port to your clients as yourhost:yourport
  2.) In TM Terminal, use the Telnet connector to connect to yourhost:yourport

Since Netconsole initiates the connection, it requires some daemon to listen on the host. Netcat (nc) will do that for you; but it should also be possible to write your own terminal connector service to implement a listening server for netconsole.

direct +43.662.457915.85  fax +43.662.457915.6

From: dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of PRASANTH RAJAGOPAL
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:02 PM
To: dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [dsdp-tm-dev] netconsole

Hi,

Similar to the serial console, is there something like a netconsole support on eclipse target management window? I see the ssh, serial & telnet currently.
In an embedded device I use, I could communicate using serial console or through a netconsole mechanism. I was thinking of a way to move that from a terminal
to the eclipse (similar to serial), so basically I could do the Uboot or Linux shell prompt entirely through the console of my choice.

Here is the link for my device that runs uC-LInux and U boot:

http://docs.blackfin.uclinux.org/doku.php?id=linux-kernel:netconsole

http://docs.blackfin.uclinux.org/doku.php?id=bootloaders:u-boot:netconsole

Any thought are welcome.

Thanks