Re: [dsdp-ercp-dev] eRCP/eSWT and phoneME Advanced

On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 00:07 +0200, Gorkem Ercan wrote:
> Hi Ove,
> What sort of support are we talking about here? eRCP requires CDC which
> looks like provided by the phone me.
so it is easy to integrated eRCP/eSWT with phoneME Advanced?
I didn't know that, the only requirement is support for
JavaME/CDC1.1/FP1.1, correct?

> The other requirement for eRCP is eSWT native implementation. As far as
> I can see linux/x86 is the only platform supported by phone me currently
> (I also see some plan items for windows etc.). We do not have support
> for linux/x86 on eSWT. If you are asking for this native support, we do
> not have the resources for it right now but we are always open to help
> offers. Are you interested in that?

well I was thinking about perhaps buy me a Nokia N800 (nokia's internet
tablet running linux) and today there is no Java support for the N800
and I am a Java developer...

> If you are asking for supporting the JSRs on eRCP, we already have plans
> for supporting some of those where possible in 1.1 plans[1]
> --
> Gorkem
>
> [1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php?title=ERCP_1.1_Draft_Plan
>

> Ove Nordstrom wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Because eRCP/eSWT is not a Java standard (no JSR for eRCP/eSWT in JCP) I
> > don't think we will see SUN supporting eRCP/eSWT in phoneME Advanced MR2
> > Software.
> >
> > Is it possible for the eRCP/eSWT project to add support for phoneME
> > Advanced MR2 Software
> > (https://phoneme.dev.java.net/content/phoneme_advanced_r2.html )?
> >
> > The advantage for me as a developer should then be more devices
> > supporting eRCP/eSWT in the future. If it for example was possible to
> > add support for eSWT it would be great.
> >
> > Of course I understand it not so easy because native support must be
> > added for all different plattforms.
> >
> > Could anyone tell me what could be possible and how JavaME/CDC1.1/PP1.1
> > could be integrated with eRCP/eSWT?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ove

********************************