Re: [dsdp-ercp-dev] eRCP/eSWT and phoneME Advanced

Hi Ove,
What sort of support are we talking about here? eRCP requires CDC which looks like provided by the phone me. The other requirement for eRCP is eSWT native implementation. As far as I can see linux/x86 is the only platform supported by phone me currently (I also see some plan items for windows etc.). We do not have support for linux/x86 on eSWT. If you are asking for this native support, we do not have the resources for it right now but we are always open to help offers. Are you interested in that? If you are asking for supporting the JSRs on eRCP, we already have plans for supporting some of those where possible in 1.1 plans[1]
--
Gorkem

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php?title=ERCP_1.1_Draft_Plan

Ove Nordstrom wrote:
Hi,
Because eRCP/eSWT is not a Java standard (no JSR for eRCP/eSWT in JCP) I
don't think we will see SUN supporting eRCP/eSWT in phoneME Advanced MR2
Software.

Is it possible for the eRCP/eSWT project to add support for phoneME
Advanced MR2 Software
(https://phoneme.dev.java.net/content/phoneme_advanced_r2.html )?

The advantage for me as a developer should then be more devices
supporting eRCP/eSWT in the future. If it for example was possible to
add support for eSWT it would be great.

Of course I understand it not so easy because native support must be
added for all different plattforms.
Could anyone tell me what could be possible and how JavaME/CDC1.1/PP1.1
could be integrated with eRCP/eSWT?

Regards,
Ove