From: dsdp-dd-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dsdp-dd-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pawel Piech
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 11:44 AM
To: Device Debugging developer discussions
Cc: Oberhuber, Martin
Subject: Re: [dsdp-dd-dev] Search CVS not working (for whole of DSDP?)

The SearchCVS is in somewhat of a limbo at the moment.  Eclipse webmaster does not want to support a separate database for every project that wants it.  I know that Martin is working with someone who originally designed the search CVS feature to make it available to all the projects, but I don't know what's the status of that effort or possible time when it might be resolved.

In the mean time, we can use the DSDP web server for searching:

http://dsdp.eclipse.org/dsdp/dd/searchcvs.php

Cheers,
Pawel

Marc Khouzam wrote:
Hi,

I'm still having trouble with the Search CVS tool.  I can get no results and there are no projects listed.
I believe it does not work for DSDP in general.

I know for sure something is wrong with it because in bug 179293 comment #13 there is a link which no longer

I believe someone with access to the scripts needs to check this...

Thanks

Marc

P.S.
Also, reading up on it, I realized that we don't all use the same format for CVS comments.
The proper comment format seems to be

[123456] my comments

I have been using the form: Bug 123456 comments
and I haven't found anywhere if that is supported by the CVS search tool.
It is recommended that all committers use [123456] comments.

Is this something we should do in DD?