[dsdp-dd-dev] RE: DSDP DD/TM Launching Initiatives

I think it makes sense to co-ordinate.  I don't think we've given it all
too much thought yet.  I think it probably makes sense if there are a
few different launch paradigms from which users can pick and choose.  I
think the initial goal is to look at the new launch framework Darin has
implemented for resource based launches and see how that can be taken
advantage of.

For our part at TI for instance, our current Eclipse-based product has
an extremely simplified debug flow.  At project creation time we force
the user to specify a target device, and that is used to configure the
default debugging parameters.  There is a notion of an "Active Project"
and active project configuration (if using Managed Build).  When the
user clicks the "Debug Active Project" button, the active project is
incrementally built and then launched according to the current debug
settings for that.  The user can go into the debug configuration
property pages and change which communication channel they are using.
It might make sense for this type of launch to somehow be based in the
future on these resource-based launches.

For future projects, we will need a more complicated flow that allows
for the configuration of JTAG scan chains, scripted manipulations of the
target hardware to facilitate hardware bringup during launching, etc.
We would want a way of launching debug sessions for hardware both with
and without projects, and we would probably want to continue to have our
Debug Active Project concept apply somehow to this as well, even if it's
not the only way to launch things.  We have not entirely thought all of
this through yet.

Chris Recoskie
Software Designer
Texas Instruments, Toronto
http://eclipse.org/cdt

---------------------------------/()\-----------------------------------
> Dipl.-Ing. Martin Oberhuber
mailto:martin.oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Member of Technical Staff          Phone  (UTC +1h): +43 (662)
457915-85
> Wind River Systems (Salzburg) GmbH              Fax: +43 (662)
457915-6
http://www.windriver.com
> ----------------------- How Smart Things Think

Back to the top