Re: [Dltk-dev] as-you-go validation for Ruby code?

Hisham ElHifnawi wrote:
> Hi everybody,

Hello.

> How do I send ruby code in an rhtml file to be validated by the Ruby for
> as-you-go validation as DLTK has done. What is the procedure and the
> path of the code movements, and how would I know its a wrong statement
> (does Ruby sends back where is the error?)

I don't know the answers to your questions but I have some hints for you.

1. Don't send the message to the list twice in close succession.  It
won't make an answer come sooner and may irritate some people who might
have helped you.  Patience is important, especially on a Friday
afternoon since many people will participate less on a weekend.

2. Did you look at the DLTK source for how the validation is performed?
 That's where I'd look first.

3. I don't use Ruby so I don't know how the errors are delineated.  It
should be pretty specific, however.

>  I read somewhere that the parser for ruby is jruby, is that right?

jruby is not "the parser" for ruby.  As I understand it, jruby is a
translator of sorts allowing ruby code to run on a Java runtime engine.
  Obviously jruby has a ruby parser in it but jruby is not the original
ruby parser.

Perhaps you will get a better answer to this question if you describe
why you want a ruby parser.

Just some thoughts.

Alan

Back to the top