Re: [dash-dev] mt4e in Groovy

On 08/24/2011 04:20 PM, Aaron Digulla wrote:
Am 24.08.2011 17:05, schrieb Denis Roy:

Thanks for the quick response.

1. What is the most efficient way to get a complete copy of the 3.7.0
Eclipse release (basically a mirror of the p2 repo)? Should I use the
p2 mirror application to copy the data from the main site to our
maven.eclipse.org host?

Or would it be possible to get a read-only NFS mount of the folder?
1. rsync is likely your best bet.  Simply rsync from
download.eclipse.org::eclipseFullMirror
Is that 3.7.0 or everything ever published? I'd rather download only 3.7.0.

That gives you access to everything -- simply append the path you want to narrow it down:

rsync download.eclipse.org::eclipseFullMirror/eclipse/downloads/drops/

If you don't put a destination, you'll see a directory listing.

And I couldn't get it to work:

nexus@maven:~/mt4e/3.7.0/downloads>  rsync
download.eclipse.org::eclipseFullMirror eclipseFullMirror
rsync: failed to connect to download.eclipse.org: Connection refused (111)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(122)
[receiver=3.0.4]

Permissions or PEBKAC?
Forgot there was a firewall between the vservers and eclipse.org. You should be all set.
2. The binary for the new tool is about 8MB. How do I get that onto
one of the Eclipse download sites?
2. rsync is likely your best bet.  Simply rsync to
commiter_id@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:downloads/technology/dash
Thanks, that works :-) If anyone has the same problem, here is the wiki
page: http://wiki.eclipse.org/IT_Infrastructure_Doc#Downloads

Docs?  Whaaat?    :-)

Denis

Regards,