|Re: [cross-project-issues-dev] Kepler SR3 for Java 8?|
Well, it is more work, but it shouldn’t be a lot of work since the bulk of it is automated and I would think that the value to Eclipse community and Eclipse reputation would outweigh the investment.
So what it would take…
1. Branch the aggregation files from Kepler maintenance line.
2. Allow a few projects with Java 8 changes to contribute a new build.
3. Kick off the aggregation build.
4. Kick off the packages build.
5. Wait for package maintainers to give a go ahead.
If some packages don’t wish to participate, that’s fine. We would be in a much better position than we are today if we even just had the basic Java package and the Java EE package updated along with an updated aggregation site from which others could pull updates, if necessary.
On 27/03/2014 12:36 PM, Konstantin Komissarchik wrote:
Back to the top