Since the new version of EGit was only
introduced in RC3, that could only happen if someone changed their minimum
dependency on EGit in their RC4 contribution. That seems unlikely but projects
should speak up if they have that constraint. Markus mentioned the only
project downstream from EGit was WindowBuilder so it looks like at least
for the EPP packages we should be fine.
To be clear on what versions of EGit
appeared in which Juno build, it looks like the following (which doesn't
match what we thought in the call today):
02/22/2013 03:26 PM
Wait ... don't release yet! ... delay
one week, Friday 3/1
I hate to throw a stick in
the spokes, but what happens if another project in the aggregate repository
already has a min dependency on EGit 2.2 or even 2.3?
On Behalf Of Matthias Sohn
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 12:15 PM
To: Cross project issues
Subject: Re: [cross-project-issues-dev] Wait ... don't release yet!
... delay one week, Friday 3/1
2013/2/22 David M Williams <david_williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
After some painful conversation with the
Planning Council members, the conclusion was to delay the release 1 week,
but not do a full respin, to only revert the EGit contribution.
The plan is to redo the common repository and EPP packages, with the EGit
contribution reverted to what it was in SR1, which I believe is identical
to what it was in RC3. There are a few "technical tricks" I can
try to accomplish this, so all other projects do not have to do any re-work
... just wait until Friday 3/1, before making your releases "visible".
no, SR2 RC3 contains EGit 2.2.0
 which was released in December and SR1 contains EGit 2.1.0
I'd prefer if you could rollback
to 2.2.0 but if the planning council decided otherwise be it like that.