From: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ruth Lee
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 3:46 PM
To: Cosmos Dev
Subject: RE: [cosmos-dev] Reminder: i9 Code Cutoff 11:45 a.m. ET tomorrow

I don't understand what you mean by "What does this time period represent?", so I hope that I answer your question ... no one should check changes to code into CVS until they have permission from a Lead to check in that change. We're in this mode until further notice.

Because the build team can't physically lock down CVS, we rely on an honour system, and tell development when changes can be checked in. There are two times when CVS is locked:

1. Once the build is started, CVS is locked down for an hour.
This is because any changes checked into CVS during this time could interfere with the build. While technically I think that we need less time than an hour, we've said one hour to give a buffer.

2. After the iteration (or milestone or release) candidate driver is built, CVS is locked down until further notice.
This is because any changes checked in mean either that a new candidate driver needs to be spun or, if the change is minor, that if another candidate driver is spun that the changes will be included in that driver. The Leads need to assess the impact of any changes and permit the change or defer the change to a future iteration. Changes can be checked in with a Lead's permission.

Note that we haven't finalized the process for an iteration (or milestone or release) candidate driver. We'll be discussing that in this week's Community call.

Ruth Lee
IBM Toronto Lab
ruthdaly@xxxxxxxxxx
T/L 313-4453

"Gjelaj, Domenica" <Domenica.Gjelaj@xxxxxx>
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/20/2008 03:19 PM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Cosmos Dev" <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

<cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject

RE: [cosmos-dev] Reminder: i9 Code Cutoff 11:45 a.m. ET tomorrow

Could someone clarify what is meant by JUnits being provided "during that window."  What does this time period represent?

Re: [cosmos-dev] Reminder: i9 Code Cutoff 11:45 a.m. ET tomorrow

I think that any changes to the JUnits during that window should be fine. However, when the build runs JUnits as part of the build, that may change. We'll need to assess the impact once we know more about how the build will run JUnits. That work is intended to be finished in i10.

Ruth Lee
IBM Toronto Lab
ruthdaly@xxxxxxxxxx
T/L 313-4453

David Whiteman <David_Whiteman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/20/2008 11:06 AM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

Re: [cosmos-dev] Reminder: i9 Code Cutoff 11:45 a.m. ET tomorrow

I have a process question... will CVS be frozen for JUnits as well?  I would expect that since they are not included with our build packages, that it would be ok to continue to make changes to JUnit tests during that window.

David

Tania N Makins/Durham/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/19/2008 02:38 PM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[cosmos-dev] Reminder: i9 Code Cutoff 11:45 a.m. ET tomorrow

Team,

This is a reminder that code cutoff for i9 is tomorrow at 11:45 a.m. ET.  At this time CVS will be frozen, and any additional check-ins will require approval.  As soon as the candidate build has been announced, each subproject should begin running their JUnits or manual tests and generating TPTP reports since this is the close of an iteration.  Let me know if you have any questions/concerns.

Tania

 Tania N. Makins, PMP®
 Project Manager, AC Open Source Components
 IBM Software Group - RTP, NC
 Office: (919) 254-8430  T/L: 444-8430
 tmakins@xxxxxxxxxx