RE: [cosmos-dev] Reminder: i9 Code Cutoff 11:45 a.m. ET tomorrow

Could someone clarify what is meant by JUnits being provided "during that window."  What does this time period represent?

From: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ruth Lee
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2008 2:30 PM
To: Cosmos Dev
Cc: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [cosmos-dev] Reminder: i9 Code Cutoff 11:45 a.m. ET tomorrow

I think that any changes to the JUnits during that window should be fine. However, when the build runs JUnits as part of the build, that may change. We'll need to assess the impact once we know more about how the build will run JUnits. That work is intended to be finished in i10.

Ruth Lee
IBM Toronto Lab
ruthdaly@xxxxxxxxxx
T/L 313-4453

David Whiteman <David_Whiteman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/20/2008 11:06 AM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [cosmos-dev] Reminder: i9 Code Cutoff 11:45 a.m. ET tomorrow

I have a process question... will CVS be frozen for JUnits as well?  I would expect that since they are not included with our build packages, that it would be ok to continue to make changes to JUnit tests during that window.

David

Tania N Makins/Durham/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: cosmos-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/19/2008 02:38 PM

Please respond to
Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Cosmos Dev <cosmos-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[cosmos-dev] Reminder: i9 Code Cutoff 11:45 a.m. ET tomorrow

Team,

This is a reminder that code cutoff for i9 is tomorrow at 11:45 a.m. ET.  At this time CVS will be frozen, and any additional check-ins will require approval.  As soon as the candidate build has been announced, each subproject should begin running their JUnits or manual tests and generating TPTP reports since this is the close of an iteration.  Let me know if you have any questions/concerns.

Tania

  Tania N. Makins, PMP®
  Project Manager, AC Open Source Components
  IBM Software Group - RTP, NC
  Office: (919) 254-8430  T/L: 444-8430
  tmakins@xxxxxxxxxx