Re: [cdt-dev] Is there interest in a rewritten managed build?
To help us all respond to your question, can you please briefly
comment on the following points:
- Why did you need to modify the CDT managed build system (MBS)
extension point schema?
- How does the feature set of the revised MBS differ from that
of the existing CDT MBS?
- How does the user interface differ from that of the existing
On 01/01/2023 20:32, jan wrote:
I have been working on rewriting part of managed build. That
is; I needed a new extension point because I needed to modify
the extension point schema.
I have gotten to the point where I have the basic framework
-based on the original code- running from a different extension
There is still plenty of work (months to a year I think).
The steps I plan to take are
- Copy/modified code to get the basic framework to run. (done)
- get a functional part working
- add runnable tests (used for regression testing)
- cleanup/rewite the functional part.
- If parts remaining goto 2
During cleanup I will have to take important decisions that
will decide on the reusability.
I'm thinking about
- Do I keep the toolchains, the versions, the build
- How far to cleanup the extensionpoint
An important driver for me will be: "Will this ever become part
of CDT" because if not the only criteria is "Does sloeber need
Therefore I would like to know whether there is interest in
The current mess of code can be found at
The 2 plugins you need to add to CDT are
io.sloeber.ManagedBuild and io.sloeber.ManagedBuild.ui