From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2018 9:17 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Blog on the New CDT

Funny enough, the priority is on collaborating with great people ☺. We have a lot of expertise in C/C++ development environments. The idea is to bring that to other IDE front ends. And I want to remain a part of Eclipse for all the reasons we're here in the first place. The solid foundation with strong IP providence and great IT support. I don't know a similar place to do this. That's why I believe CDT is the only place this can happen. (And, yes, I looked for one)

Every contributor can focus on the IDE they care about the most. The folk who left us to work on Theia can come back and help us while we help them. I can stay and continue my work with VS Code. I think we can make something very special around this and we can be that place where all C/C++ tools integrators can converge. I think we already are.

My favorite tweet in response to mine was from Lars Vogel, "Cool. This way CDT will remain relevant and on the top edge in the future!" I think he's right.

Doug.