Re: [cdt-dev] Identifying library usages

Thanks, Nathan.

My question is how CDT achieves binding resolution while writing code (and
auto completion).

I am asking this because I am doing something similar for a research
project, i.e., I want to identify library usages (classes, functions,
variables) in a codebase. I solve this by generating the ASTs and use the
class/function/variable bindings to check if any binding
(definition/declaration) comes from the library headers.

I want to find out if there is a better way to do it.

For instance, assume I have a Doc.h header with a Document class that has a
Load() method. My main.cpp includes Doc.h.  I suppose CDT uses the index to
find all relevant CElements (CompositeType, Function, Variable, Using etc)
and provide auto-completion or show errors if an incompatible
method/variable is used from Doc.h.

Sorry if this is an awkward question.

Simos