Re: [cdt-dev] missing org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core in Neon?

> On 25 May 2016, at 00:40, Sergey Prigogin <eclipse.sprigogin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> however, if in CDT 9.0 we have the greatest and latest API, and all new code uses it successfully, I still do not understand what harm can produce keeping some of the old classes in the distribution (the org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core), and avoid all these discussions. no need to maintain them, mark them as deprecated, and just keep them there for a while, until everything will be migrated to 9.0 and compatibility with 8.x will no longer be required.
>
> See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15699995/why-unused-code-should-be-deleted

sure. just that we are not talking about unused code, I guess there are more than 100.000 users around. not counting other plug-ins that will have a surprise after Neon is released.

so please also see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backward_compatibility

regards,

Liviu

Back to the top