RE: [cdt-dev] [DSF] SessionType

I'm still learning as well :-)

> Suppose we add new method to
> GDBControl_7_0 to decide whether to use -exec-run or -exec-continue,
> and it  has the logic that is used now. Why will that break derived
> classes? I think that if the method is protected, then it's interface
> *only* for derived classes.

Yes.  I've added a patch like that to the bug.  I believe it will fit
your needs, without breaking the API.

The problem is that your original suggestion added an method to an interface.

interface myInterfae {
  void foo();
}

class myClass implements myInterface {
  void foo() { }
}

If I add method bar() to myInterface, myClass will suddenly not compile anymore
because it _must_ implement bar().

Marc

Back to the top