[cdt-dev] problem: step over<F6> acting as resume<F8> in eclipse CDT

Hi,
I am relatively new to eclipse CDT. I am facing this problem
If I do a step over certain function (typically linux system calls like
strcpy etc or when I go thru if without else), it does not stop at the next
line however starts executing normally as if it is not single stepping.
I will have to put breakpoint on the next line and do step over (or
continue) then it stops at the next breakpoint.
Can some one explain me this behavior and possible ways to fix it ?
Thanks